Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) via RSU 25 Adult & Community EducationThis is designed to prepare students for State of Maine certification. It consists of 110 hours of classroom and 90 hours of clinical experience. The classes are held two nights and Saturdays per week. Instructor will give schedule 1st week of class. Upon successful completion of the classroom & clinical components, students will be given the State of Maine CNA competency test along with all necessary forms required to be placed on the State of Maine CNA registry. Note: Students in this course must complete an application, interview with the instructor and pass a reading comprehension test with a minimum 9th grade level.
Requirements / Prerequisites
RECOMMENDED ADMISSION CRITERIA
- Minimum age 16
- Good Physical and Mental Health
- Good grooming and personal hygiene
- Absence of drug and alcohol abuse
- Dependable, reliable, work habits
- Preferably a High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to read and write English grade level of 9.0 recommended (preferably 12.9 entrance exam) CASAS adult level student
- Completed State Bureau of Investigation Background Check
- Important: A State Bureau of Investigation Criminal Background Check is conducted on each applicant. Convictions for Class A, B, or C felonies within the last 10 years are ineligible for employment as a CNA in the state of Maine. If the Class A, B, or C felony is older than 10 years it is possible to be hired as a CNA in Maine, however, the charge will remain on your record at the CNA Registry for life.
- Immunization MMR – unless born before 1956
- All immunizations and testing required by the cooperating clinical facility, including Hepatitis B. Evidence of negative T.B. test or negative chest x-ray.
- Physical Exam within the past year – statement from a physician stating the candidate is physically capable of doing C.N.A. work.
- At least 2 personal references and 2 work related references
- Interview with instructor
Please call 207-469-2129 for information regarding cost, prerequisites and schedule orientation.